Did You Just Quit Before You Even Started?

Many of you are about to start something new today. Something you made a resolution for last night. Something that’s going to make your life better in one way or another. So why you hesitate?

There’s plenty of reasons to hesitate. You might have failed in your previous attempts. Maybe you are reluctant to pushing yourself. Feeling unsure how it will effect the other areas of your life.

Are you ready to give up before you even started? Ok, you need to remind yourself of the following:

1. Who’s idea was it in the first place? If it was yours, then just go ahead and do it! If it was others you need to make it yours before you go any further.
  2. Look into the future 6 months from now. What do you see? Do you see the same old you doing the same old things. Or do you see the new you who reached their goals.
  3. You have all the time in the world to do the things you WANT. So, getting excited already? Can’t wait to start, eh?
  4. The starting is the hardest part. Once you have started it WILL get easier and easier and soon you’ll notice you don’t want to stop!

So go ahead and take that first step! :)

Share and Enjoy

Comments

1. Good inspiration to start the challenge with!

2. Linda Ursin says:

Very good points. I stopped making resolutions about thirty years ago. I only make promises I fully intend to keep.
    Linda Ursin recently posted..Ten things to do in JanuaryMy Profile

3. Hi Armi, great little post. I love your steps. I’m a psychologist and use the same steps for working with other people and for myself… they take off the pressure. I find as we break down our dreams and desires into small achievable steps, we walk a path that creates exactly what we want!!!

Happy 2012
    Vanessa

4. Lynn Ruby says:

Great post Armi! I especially like # 2- Look into the future 6 months from now. What do you see? Do you see the same old you doing the same old things. Or do you see the new you who reached their goals.

And suggest the opposite as well. Look BACK 6 months. Are you the same person doing the same thing then as now? If yes, let THAT be motivation to never again experience looking back and seeing the “same-old same-old”.
    Lynn Ruby recently posted..How to Eat the Marketing Elephant: Part 1My Profile

5. Great post! I love the future visioning 6 months ahead, I do it all the time and it really helps me in staying connected to my vision and what i want to create.
    Amanda Stephen recently posted..Accessing The Power Of Reflection And Gratitude!My Profile

6. cindy braid says:

A perfect blog for the 1st day of the challenge. I find in life most things are hard to get started-but once I do it all falls into place. I set my goals and if they happen-great and if not-well I just try again another time-as that may be when I am ready. Cheers for a wonderful New Years!

7. It’s the 1st step that keeps us back – so love this post. Usually all we need to do is TAKE that first step – makes the remaining ones a lot easier. Following your steps makes it easier to take that first one!!

Lynn
    Lynn Dorman, Ph.D. recently posted..Do You Make New Year Resolutions? Why I Don’tMy Profile

8. Danielle says:

Oh, so many times I’ve quit before I even started! Thanks for the reminder it doesn’t have to be that way! :)
    Danielle recently posted..Greetings, 2012!My Profile

9. Jo Harrison says:

I also stopped making resolutions a whole ago, it stopped me from feeling guilty about not going through with them. I still think about doing something now and again but don’t get bowled over with guilt if it doesn’t happen. Nice post… :)
    Jo Harrison recently posted..Who do you Follow on Twitter?My Profile

10. Sarah says:

I’ve actually got several comments to say on this. I did some research a few weeks ago on starting new things: easier is better. Instead of setting up a goal for an entire year, make a goal for each week. If you make something so easy that you can’t fail, then you are more likely to succeed. And you don’t have “all the time in the world”…we don’t know when the end of the world is coming, and you don’t know when the LORD may take your life. Just some thoughts that I had on the issue :-)

11. Peggy says:

You must be a mind reader. That’s just what I was thinking about creating my first ever blog post… Thank you for the push to stay with it… :)

12. Adalia John says:

Great Post Armi and thanks for stopping by my blog. Sometimes, you’ll have to do small and intermediate goals to get to that big goal.
    Adalia John recently posted..20 Success Affirmations for the Blog ChallengeMy Profile