As some of you know I’ve been taking part in the Ultimate Blog Challenge this month and I wanted to look back a bit to view some of the things I’ve accomplished in 3+ weeks (which is a very short time when you think about it!).
Firstly, the look of my blog: When I started January 1st my blog was fairly new. I had a dark theme and only 6 posts altogether (most of which were copied from eZineArticles!).
Now I’ve invested about 100 € into the new theme and fonts. I’ve been tweaking my blog a lot. It starts looking pretty neat. And I’ve made 23 blog posts this month already! 8 more to go before the month ends.
One of my goals for January was to get the Alexa ranking below 100 000. My Alexa was 1 429 924 on January 1st and its 769 836 now. It has gone down by 50% but there’s still a long way to go to 100K.
The number of visitors to my blog has doubled since the first two weeks of January.
One of my goals was to get 50 new backlinks to my blog (I had 9 to begin with). Now I have 37 backlinks and some more on the way before the 31st.
I’ve learned lots of new stuff that I’ve implemented in practise right away (Remember, if you don’t do it right away or write it down somewhere in a visible place, you’ll forget about it).
The more you write things down the more of them you get done!